Kona's page

Really, really did not need another bike, but this '02 Pahoehoe came up on Facebook Marketplace for AUD 100, which is about GBP 55, so it could not be missed.

I think it's a 17", so too small for me, and the drivetrain is pretty worn, but once fixed up it'll either go to one of my lads or I'll sell it.

Drivetrain is mainly Deore, as are the hubs, with an XT rear derailleur. Hayes mechanical discs. Koski seatpost and stem, SDG saddle. Nice, not glorious. But a bargain!

2002 pahoehoe.jpeg

Like buses, they seem to come along in pairs . . .

So it's not pre-98 retro, and it's not Ti or steel, but it had been abandoned at the tip yesterday and it was clearly my job to rescue it.

2004 Caldera, tiny size (16"?), no wheels, seat or seatpost. But the previous owner included a humungous rack and a dead retro computer! The frame is sound, so will take all the bits off, see what can be rescued (I'm not optimistic about the Hayes hydraulic discs), and see who in the local MTB scene needs a nice frame.

And at precisely zero dollars to haul away, the only cost will be elbow grease and cleaning products.

IMG_0443.jpg IMG_0444.jpg IMG_0445.jpg IMG_0446.jpg

Back