Kona SS, Steel 90s, Track ends, SOLD

geezer

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Up for sale again, but I will split if it doesn't sell within the next couple of days.

The original ad

Just bought a few months ago, but was then offered a brand new VooDoo Wanga a few weeks ago, so up for sale, I've only ridden it twice :(

Built up as a run around type bike, looks nice.

Nice used condition with only one Kona decal on the head tube, looks like it has been powder coated not too long ago, it has a few scratches but no deep or bad ones, the paint has worn a bit on both rear chain stays, where I think the previous owner used a wide tyre or caused by mud? but overall not bad at all, the paint looks sturdy and still has a nice shine to it.

The frame has been modified with horizontal drop outs, the job looks professionally done, see the pics, the finish is excellent.

Size Medium (I think) fits me well at 5ft10"

Centre of BB to centre of top tube 15"

Centre of BB to top of seat tube 18"

Top tube 22" C to C

Frame and forks are 1 1/8"

Spec

Frame
Steel Modified frame, horizontal drop outs, very nice finish, looks like it has been powder coated after modification, V-brake only

Forks
Nice set of P2s with long steer-er, V-brake only

Brakes
Newish Shimano V-brakes and levers IIRC they were removed from a new Rockhopper 5/6 years ago and haven't been used since.

Wheels
New, 26", 9 speed, QR, Alex rims with Shimano hubs, again removed from a new Specialized bike a couple of years ago and haven't been used since.

Tyres
Newish (ridden on a few test rides) Specialized Nimbus 1.5" slicks

Cranks
Shimano, in excellent condition, no shoe rub or damage.

Finishing kit
Kona Jack Sh*t grips
Kona Flat bar
Easton EA50 stem 100mm
SDG seat
Halo XL security bolt through skewers (normal QR wheels)
Star chain tugs(make?)
Thorn 39T Chain ring, proper SS un-ramped
16T SS rear cog, SS'd with shims, better chain line adjustment.

Shimano spd pedals PD-M520s

8 speed chain on it at the moment but I'll include a new proper SS chain with a half link so you can set up the ratio you like

Sold for £180

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

:(

Nice bike, if you do split would be interested in P2s price dependent, and depending on steerer length, and axle to crown length also.

Good luck with complete sale though.

Hi, I would be interested in the P2's too, pending info on steerer length, if they are triple butted or single, and axle to crown length.

(hmm...have dibbed a lot of forks lately :oops:)

Hi guys,

Just a heads up, mistermonkeywrench off here is selling a set of P2s, he responded to my wanted ad, but then I found the ones on the bike locally just last week.

here's my wanted ad for details:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Sorry mistermonkeywrench, forgot to mention your p2s as promised, so will amend the ad.

As for my ones if I get interest in the frame and wheels then I'll split and let you know.

How does the price seem to people?

Is it too high?

Advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

BTW I'm in North London N16

Think the price is fair.

I'm pursuing other avenues for forks as had a few pms so if you split, i'm out.

Cheers

Hi,

nice bike - might be interested in the frame only.

Do you know what kind of Kona-frame it is? ...would like to see a pic from the bike straight from the side...maybe we can work something out if you dont mind shipping to germany...

CU, Ladis

Lowered the price but still open to offers.

Ladis, I'll take some side shots, and better pics tomorrow as it's a bit dull and rainy outside at the moment :( ,

Just to point out, the frame and forks are 1 1/8" so can easily take a later suspension fork.

Back