Kona P2, 420mm a-c, 1 1/8" threadless steerer

Matthew F

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Project 2 fork with 420mm a-c measurement and a 1 1/8" threadless steerer no less than 225mm in length.

I'm trying to convert a '97 Cinder Cone to rigid, the P2s will be replacing some '97 Judy XCs which are in a rather unloved state. If anyone's interested in the Judys then a swap could be good, otherwise I'm ready to pay a fair price for P2s.

Cheers!

Matthew

Shameless bump!

There must have been loads of Lava Domes parted with their rigid forks in favour of suspension... I wonder where all those P2s went! :cry:

Hey Ernie,

Thanks for the link! Those are so close to what I need, but unfortunately the head tube on my Cinder Cone is 150mm, so that 140mm steerer sadly won't do the job. (I was ready to convert to threaded n'all!)

Cheers,

Matthew

That steerer's why you're struggling I'm afraid :( Still, 420 is still in production I think so maybe not so bad :) I'll measure mine later but I'm sure it's not that long...

Thanks for the tip elPedro!

I measured 225mm fairly quickly, I'll take the existing forks out tonight, measure the steerer properly, subtract the height of the spacers, and hopefully come up with a smaller number!

If 420mm a-c (or thereabouts) P2s were still in production that would be awesome, if anyone knows where I'd really appreciate a link! (All the online stores I've looked at have just had "suspension corrected" units, which are apparently more like 450mm?)

Thanks again for all the help!

Matthew

One word of warning I recently had some new P2's (2010) and they were 434mm AtoC rather than the 420mm advertised.

BTW they weren't the 440mms!

The Salsa Cromoto is a nice fork too - works well on the front of my Kona :)

I might have something that will fit (I hope so) ;)
The steerer is only 180mm, but look at the pictures and let me know what you think :)

Sorry for the rather large pictures :oops:

Cheers,
Morten

I've removed the bike's current forks and the steerer is indeed 225mm, and there's only 10mm worth of spacers to remove, so if its threadless it'll have to be 215mm at least...

Morten, those 180mm threaded forks would be spot on if I were to convert to a threaded headset (assuming that's a 1 1/8" steerer?). Thanks for thie pics! How much would you like for them, and could you guess roughly how much shipping to London, UK would be?

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Matthew

Matthew F":1snboor0 said:
I've removed the bike's current forks and the steerer is indeed 225mm, and there's only 10mm worth of spacers to remove, so if its threadless it'll have to be 215mm at least...

Morten, those 180mm threaded forks would be spot on if I were to convert to a threaded headset (assuming that's a 1 1/8" steerer?). Thanks for thie pics! How much would you like for them, and could you guess roughly how much shipping to London, UK would be?

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Matthew

I've have just checked the price for shipping, and atm I can't figure out wether it weighs over 1kg or not :roll: but it is between 23 and 26£ for shipping - is this getting to steep already? If you can sort out a better price from a courier, then just let me know :)

Back