Kona Lava Dome

tramaziboy

Retro Newbie
Hello,

I became a father for the first time 4 months back and through the joy has come a constant nagging from my partner to get rid of one of the bikes currently propped in my hallway.

I bought a Kona Lava Dome a few years back as a project to turn into a single speed but just haven't had the time to sort it out.

Any help in how I should list it and ship it would be most appreciated. Its an orange framed Lava Dome, I think this is 1996 vintage? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fella,

Welcome & congratulations :cool:

Depending on the originality of the bike it may be worth listing initially as a complete bike.

If its not original or does not sell as a complete bike then splitting down and selling the parts individually usually gets the best prices wise but can leave you with bits left over.

If you go this route list items with size/condition etc.

Regarding price .... have a look trough the classifieds and ebay to get an idea for what stuff is selling for.

Most buyers on here are clued up on value so be prepared to haggle :D

Shipping for small parts: Royal Mail

Shipping for larger parts: Wheels/frame/complete bike: Parcelforce etc

When you decide on the way you want to go have a read of the classified rules before posting up your for sale thread.

Link here >>> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697

Finally its worth getting some good picture loaded up and most buyers will want to see reasonably detailed shots.

Good luck

thanks for the reply. have some shots taken so will get the pics up.

The bike is complete, although I havent touched it for some time so would prob need some work doing. There are a few scratches and the like on the frame.

I would prefer to sell it as complete.

Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Viewing welcomed when I get my head round how I'm going to be selling and shipping it etc.

I normally use GIMP (free photoshop type programme) but if you google "picture resizing" and there's free online ones.

Back