Kona Kula/Kilauea 2009/10 18"

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
One of the nicest bikes Kona has ever produced. You might be familiar with Pip's production Kilauea version. I wrote about it for Kona (sadly the article is deleted) and in that I said the Kilauea production frame was born from the season before, from a small batch made for the Torq racing team.

Well, here's 1 or those 10 or so, currently for sale (orange decals, Kula named, and actually made by a 3rd party who's name escapes me):

If this were my size I'd be thinking about what to let go in the stable to make room for it. It was, along with the stars and bars King Kahuna, the most bad-ass, amazing Kona Pip had in his collection. Absolutely featherweight, a total XC weapon. If you can afford it, don't mind the lacquer peel and are after the best 26" XC riding experience, don't hesitate.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've already seen it and will do a little report on Konaheadz again. The standard model is already on my list, but as a team bike it is of course better. I'm keen on a King Kahuna 2012.

Back