Kona King Kahuna 19" Titanium

Mods could we move this to the pre 1998 section please or shall I create a new ad?

Good knowledge pip - thanks for your input. Quite a stable of konas you have there.

Re:

I understand that Kona offered an after sale disc tab upgrade on their pre-2000 titanium frames, which I assume was done by Ti Sports in Kennewick, Washington near-ish to Kona H.Q.

The first picture below is of a 2000 Score, which has similar design disc tabs to your King Kahuna.

Score2000_2_zpsyyvhmem1.jpg

The picture below is of my 19” King Kahuna and as you can see is somewhat different, so I assume it could have been done elsewhere.

KingKahunaDiscRearmacro_zpsce877bcc.jpg

91lavadome":1o4lg61n said:
Any other distinguishing features of the 6Al-4V model?

The final picture is of a 6Al-4V King Kahuna serial number from 1996. Opinion is divided on what the differences were for the 6-4 K.K. I believe that the first 1996 variant had a 6-4 Rear Triangle with “standard” 3-2.5 Main Frame, but with no noticeable gusseting or Ovalised tubing. Note the serial number has a 1996 Hei Hei Pre-fix of “B”, which would support this theory.

6_4%20King%20Kahuna%201996_zpsc89gwqph.jpg

Pip.

Thanks pip - mine looks very similar to the score mount. Still for sale but even the wife's trying to talk me out of it. But then she hasn't seen the pahoehoe build I've got going on down the side of the house and the new bike on order!

Wow, that is some serious Kona geekery from Pip. That's what I love about this site!

And that is a beautiful bike. I only wish it were 3" smaller and I'd get it for Mrs Rouleur's Christmas present (although she'd have to miss out on the Mulberry purse. Shame).

GLWS. It's gorgeous!

Frame SOLD to a RB member. Painless transaction and nice cup a tea and kona chat. Love the RB community. Thanks.
All other parts available race face crankset rebus 100mm hope minis etc.

Re:

Hi
My 1997 19" KK frame no K19009 came with a complete set of blue AND orange decals. Put the orange set on frame , and sadly lost the blue set. Rear mech cable under BB, frontmech and rear brake on top of top tube.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back