Kona humu cruiser!

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ladies and gents,

Had a bit of a crisis on my hands recently meaning I had to sell my lovely Santa Cruz chameleon - have to move house/baby on the way etc etc I won't bore you with my problems! :LOL:

I got a good price back for the Santa Cruz so the money has been set aside for house deposit etc, ...anyway, I had a couple of quid set aside to try and get myself back on 2 wheels but on a small budget, luckily this little gem popped up for sale on here, bought it from 'flash', top bloke, met me half way from Bristol last week and we sealed the deal, I've changed a few bits and bobs over from my box of bits in the loft, I've added a more retro set of p2's, race face diablous stem, DMR v-12s and a set of odi long neck grips, also it needed new brakes so I added a set of LX v brakes

Took it out for a spin last night and it was great, the only problem I had was it felt a bit long, gave me a bit of back ache so I've changed the bars over now to a set of kona humu risers off another humu I had a few years back and it's brill now, can't fault it! Unless I win the lotto this will be my one and only bike for the next 6 months at least!!

I'm actually in love with that single speed hope hub on the rear, it must be almost 20 years old!

Here are a few more pics...

Very comfy seat!!

And with the new bars!!

I reckon a zee/SLX or XT crank will be on the cards with external bb but other than that I like it as it is...maybe a hope hub on the front!

yeah it's a cool little bike! ...those huge bars have been taken off now as they kept slipping back whenever I pulled up - yes I did keep tightening the stem but it kept slipping!!!

a set of 2.5 rise azonic pyramid bars have been fitted now, I'm going klunkin' later on with my mate so hopefully it will klunk better! :)

Back