Kona Hei Hei question

I don't think they were ever part of the standard spec, but from c98 onwards you could specify tabs as an optional extra and they would be added by TST prior to initial delivery, or they could be added later of course.

wow - you always seem to find these great bikes!

If you don't go for it, let me know as I could well be interested in getting my hands on a Hei Hei.

I think I remember someone on MTBR saying that TST added a disc mount to his Hei Hei for $100. But they stopped offering after-market add-ons after a while.

I *THINK* the "genuine" Ti-Sports disc tab will be 2 separate tabs; quite small and rounded; not the usual design of 1 long plate with 2 holes in it.

From memory, the rear of the 2 tabs will be right over the dropout. It looks a bit unusual, but they did a very good job of it.

Remember: Every time some amateur bodges a non-TST disc tab onto a Hei-Hei, Jesus kills a bag of kittens.

I am trying to off two Hei Hei frames. One is on craigslist in Los Angeles and SF Bay Area, the other is not.

- '98 18"
- '96 17"

The 17" has no decals, the 18" does.
The 17", although a '96, has a cable router on the front AND back of the top tube. PM me if you want pics and more details.

Back