Kona Haole 1999 56/58cm

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
If I had the room...these are excellent frames, with the big, fat Altec Megatubes (also used on the custom Ku). A bit of TLC and she should scrub up nicely.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Didn't do so well, it sold for the start price with a single bid. If it had been a 54cm I'd have tried my luck.

Didn't do so well, it sold for the start price with a single bid. If it had been a 54cm I'd have tried my luck.
Yes, I was the single bidder! I expected a few other bidders to chime in to be honest, wasn't really expecting to win the auction with a single bid at the starting price.
Oh well, another project to work on 😅

What size is it Jim?
56/58cm 😅. I did ask the seller, and he "sort of" measured it, but was pretty clueless with regards to bikes, so I just put a "placeholder" bid on, and ended up winning the auction!
When/if it arrives I'll measure it, 56cm is perfect for me, 58 might be ok though.
I say "if it arrives" as the seller was messaging me after the auction, asking my opinion of the bike, and asking about a Boardman bike he was looking to get on the cycle to work scheme & then sell... I know it happens a lot, but I had to tell him that you don't actually own a cycle to work bike outright until it's paid off/for a few years after 🤷🏼‍♂️
Seemed a bit of a dodger tbh ...

56/58cm 😅. I did ask the seller, and he "sort of" measured it, but was pretty clueless with regards to bikes, so I just put a "placeholder" bid on, and ended up winning the auction!
When/if it arrives I'll measure it, 56cm is perfect for me, 58 might be ok though.
I say "if it arrives" as the seller was messaging me after the auction, asking my opinion of the bike, and asking about a Boardman bike he was looking to get on the cycle to work scheme & then sell... I know it happens a lot, but I had to tell him that you don't actually own a cycle to work bike outright until it's paid off/for a few years after 🤷🏼‍♂️
Seemed a bit of a dodger tbh ...
I've been looking for a Haole for a while. What year is this one? I'm not seeing a lot of them!

Latest posts

Back