Kona Explosif Frame: 1997 Columbus Max 18"

Paddy Wagon

Retro Newbie
As part of a of a loft clearing exercise I've decided to sell off my beloved 1997 Kona Explosif Columbus Max OR 18" frame.

I've owned this from new and it has served me well over the years before finally being retired from service to it's current location in 2006.

It was originally in the metallic gold/copper finish, which was subsequently resprayed to metallic Yamaha lava red in 2005 by Argos Cycles in Bristol as part of a componentry refresh. It has also always been protected with a liberal coating of Frame Saver in every conceivable nook and cranny of the internal tubing.

I've played with the idea of having the V-brake bosses removed and replaced with disc mounts but I feel at heart that this would take away from the aesthetic of the original tubing.

It has a few small marks on the drive side chainstay and some light scuffs around the cable run areas but nothing that would prevent it from being built up into a lovely steel retro steed straight away.

Whilst I've got your attention, don't forget to check out my other beauty for sale in the guise of an original 18.5" Kermit Green 1999 Dekerf Team SL frame.

I can send pictures and geometry details if required upon request, preferably to private e-mail addresses so please PM me in this instance.

Thanks you for you interest.

£230 delivered.[/b]

Back