Kona Explosif 1998 20"

Hello everyone.

Just found this thread. Googling yourself seems so egotistical! ;)

Just to clear up your questions...

Authenticity:
The bike is being sold by my friend as he has a higher sell value limit than I do, but yes, those previous offers were authentic. Unfortunately I couldn't ship them overseas quick enough for the guys that needed them pronto. I'm not trying to make a stack of cash, just going based on what I understood to be the value at the time.

Value:
I'd taken advice on the initial value. I don't have a load of experience in this second-hand sales trade and to be honest find that the value a potential buyer puts on a bike is subjective anyway. But - in retrospect the original sale price seems too high.

Splitting for parts:
I've had just one speculative offer on parts through retrobike - and as this was early in the sale process I wasn't keen to split it. That said - I would entertain offers for parts from people if it means I can reclaim the space in my flat!

Trust me - I'd keep the bike if I had the room. Just need to get it sold - and hopefully to a happy home. I'm sure that'll happen at some point.

Happy to answer any questions!
KH

kerryh101":k46n6jzj said:
The bike is being sold by my friend as he has a higher sell value limit than I do, but yes, those previous offers were authentic. Unfortunately I couldn't ship them overseas quick enough for the guys that needed them pronto. I'm not trying to make a stack of cash, just going based on what I understood to be the value at the time.

KH
It's a lot of hassle selling stuff for friends. You need to keep your eye on the ball if you want to sell for top dollar. I mean, one guy offered you just about your asking price, not once, but twice, and you let the offer lapse, not once, but twice.
If he was genuine, you should have been biting his arm off,or both arms.
Your best bet is to start a new auction with a sensible reserve (£200 ish) and go from there. That is quite a ding!

My friend is in a far better place to be responsive to offers than me, and has been magic so far. As I said, we couldn't complete because of the logistics of transporting the bike to the continent in time. Trust me, another 24hrs and we've have both been very happy.

Also, the new auction has a very low reserve - why not jump in?

Ta for the advice (Mr Winstone)!
KH

kerryh101":38air9k0 said:
My friend is in a far better place to be responsive to offers than me, and has been magic so far. As I said, we couldn't complete because of the logistics of transporting the bike to the continent in time. Trust me, another 24hrs and we've have both been very happy.

Also, the new auction has a very low reserve - why not jump in?

Ta for the advice (Mr Winstone)!
KH

You're welcome!
Just wondering though, if the potential buyer was in such a hurry for the bike, why he was prepared to offer near to asking price again two weeks later. Surely he knew the score by then?

Just to tie off any further loose ends with you boys....
And you can see what we say is true, that we have no reason to lie, deceive or create multiple accounts.
Feels like you're watching too much CSI. Not enough West Wing.

Hi Ed
Sorry mate due to delay didn't know what was happening
Needed to secure a bike this side of Christmas .
Bought something out here 'Normandy' this afternoon .
Gutted cos really liked the kona something I've always promised myself .
Hope you get what you what for the bike .
All the best
Happy Christmas
Rag.

On Dec 23, 2013 6:40 PM, "eBay Member: eds_dev" <<Email address removed in line with eBay policy>> wrote:

Back