Kona Explosif 1997 team edition

Re: Kona Explosif 1997 team edition - hens teeth

al-onestare":2qaihkxl said:
Kona can be funny buggers sometimes but they'd be mad to advertise prior year clothing in current year catalogues. They can get away (for the most past) with disguising bikes which they did frequently. Check out the drop-outs on the 97 Explosif shot for example: clearly a 96 re-painted in 97 gold mustard.

Are you sure it's not a '96 Kula?

file.php

Also, the green and yellow Stab is not a stock bike. The one that reached the shops in '98 was blue and yellow.

98Page03.jpg

Adam_S":ttcuu38r said:
al-onestare":ttcuu38r said:
Kona can be funny buggers sometimes but they'd be mad to advertise prior year clothing in current year catalogues. They can get away (for the most past) with disguising bikes which they did frequently. Check out the drop-outs on the 97 Explosif shot for example: clearly a 96 re-painted in 97 gold mustard.

Are you sure it's not a '96 Kula?

file.php

Nope because of the ovalisation, size of the tubing, etc.

97_explosif_catalogue.jpg

Adam_S":ttcuu38r said:
Also, the green and yellow Stab is not a stock bike. The one that reached the shops in '98 was blue and yellow.

Indeed, I was talking about 1 example of advertising and the schema, in this case the stab advert.

Ok, we're going slightly off-tangent here but it's all good!

Re:

Spot on and thank you. I'm already in that group but needed to know whom so that's a great lead. It's a shame the bulk of that groups postings are tosh because gold like that gets lost.

I also have the team manager back in the day and the photographer of that era lined up to speak with. Fingers crossed they don't do a Jeff Lindsay (bless him) :D

Back