Kona Explosif 1993

Re: Re:

enc":l965uaty said:
Oooo! Colour Coordinated brake blocks !!!Not seen that before on a bike

:LOL: I'm swapping them out for ones where you can change the pad insert only.

My 1993 Kilauea is up for sale @ £225 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=335405 which is less than the Explosif F&F + paint and decals cost :facepalm: Gotta be a bargain!

SP

Re:

Looks like a bargain to me! Was this the race winning bike ?

Mike

Re:

Well it has all gone a bit pear shaped :( I swore I wouldn't build it until the Kilauea had gone. So it did yesterday and then came back! The box it was in was rejected as being too big. I can't wait at home for a courier or take it to work, so I gave the guy a full refund and a big apology.

The XTR has gone too, due to some issues, so I'm now left with a frameset and just a couple of bits. I did purchase some carbon bars and a seat post and have a nice saddle for it.

I'm unsure what to do next, I could strip the Kilauea for its XT and flog the frameset which would be inexpensive and allow me to get out on it in no time at all either that or sell it locally and put the money towards XTR :?

Bah.

Re: Kona Explosif 1993 - Stalled.

Use the xt. Ride it. Then decide on next move.

Re:

I do have a pang of guilt breaking the Kila though, it is such a nice bike and close to stock. I could fit DX but it isn't really anything special - but probably shifts as well as XT. I'm actually thinking of going v-brake too as it will be raced and v brakes are ace - especially the XT ones already in my spares box :)

Re:

I slap your cheek with my glove! Honour is at stake

4b9739c543d17339f20a82fe92d6a4be_zps9aes3cca.jpg

Re: Kona Explosif 1993 - Stalled.

Theirs nothing wrong in using DX unless your worried about impressing others and tbh it isn't the lowest quality in the Shimano range by a long shot ..

Re:

It looks great :cool:

Hope you manage to get it all built up :)

Could you pm me the details of who you used to refinish the frame please?

Cheers

Back