Kona explosif 1989

groupset

This refers to the gears etc. eg 7,8 or 9 speed rear cassette, & what type of gear controls you have, ie shimaono lx, or xt for instance.
A complete run down could consist of what type of gear selectors you have on the handlebars, what size front cogs you have (ie how many teeth on each ring), what gear changers you have front & rear, etc.
Matt. :)

Inigo Montoya":cobahs0u said:
nice ride but the seatpost is just wrong :)

Seconded. I actually think a black seatpost looks better with the otherwise superb colour scheme of these 1990 Explosifs, but that's just a matter of taste and this seatpost is after all the original one that it had when it was new.

But fitting it back to front isn't really a very effective way of presenting a bike for sale IMPO.

Re: group set?

sibboj":3ae447o5 said:
Group set sorry dont understand? the price is 300.....

Thanks matt for info.. Ok Every thing seems to be Suntor.
Suntor Xpress leavers
Suntor Xc comp changer
Suntor accushift plus front gears power ring's x3 46,38,24, seven rings on the back = 21 gears !

serial No: E9-025399 Might mean something to someone?

Sorry about seat post just put original seat back on for photo. As I said i never used it as it was meant to be, so had a comfortable seat on it...
Also the brake wires are new because I had to have higher handle bar post put on due back problems. It was a person at Cambridge cycles that told me about this site, and what I was doing to a good bike. So there you have it the history of my bike.Lol

Kona

No I still have the bike, one member was going to buy it but pulled out.

Just haven't got around to resubmitting it. If your interested I will take offers over £250 +postage

Cheers

Still can't figure the size. 20" from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seatpost tube? That's how Kona measure...

Back