Kona explosif 1989

Hilts":26ubgvob said:
Paintjob is the blue/paint-splatter effect.

i though the 89 was the green/pistachio with the yellow splatter, that 's what mine was anyway..

Well, mine is late 88 and is pistachio with yellow spatter and as far as I know that colour carried on into 89. They also had the U brake too of course (just as an added bonus... :roll: )
I think this one is a 1990.

Thanks

Should I look anywhere on the frame for a date.

The measurements are seat tube 20” cross bar 21” from front of seat tube to back of handle bar tube. It also has designed by Joe Murrey on it? As I say I bought it from new because I was told it was a good bike at the time. But it’s taken me till now to get into cycling! Now to old for off road….

Measured from where seat post goes in to join at the bottom. 20" and inside to inside on the cross bar 21".. Hope this helps..

Jeremy

Re: Thanks

sibboj":fnd2vvdj said:
Now to old for off road….

Bollox mate - you're never too old for off road stuff :LOL: :cool: I'm sure that you're younger than me for a start ;)

Kona

46! but to many visits to the pub in between. Would look better in baggy off road gear though :LOL:

Re: Kona

sibboj":pbm94yel said:
46! but to many visits to the pub in between. Would look better in baggy off road gear though :LOL:

Yep! a fair bit younger than me then ! (seems everyone is.... :( )

Back