Kona CinderCone and Hahanna

Had a bit more time on it today and two of the v brake pins are broken so the springs don't function and the 8 speed shifter is a 4 speed at best. I was hoping new cables, a clean and lubricate would get it shifting better but never mind. I had a more modern xt group set in the shed so tried that on for size. I got hold of some p2 forks so tried them on too....Shorter stem with wider bars and wow loads better, I really enjoyed riding this today. I think a black seat post would look better, I have a 10 degree Thomson stem and bars stashed away somewhere but unfortunately not a 27.0 post. I do have a 27.2 black Thomson post if anyone wants a swap lol

Attachments

• 4218C51C-5289-4058-B7B5-0FEB696BF351.jpeg
    4218C51C-5289-4058-B7B5-0FEB696BF351.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 25
I like it man! I’ve just found a really cheap 90s aluminium GT on eBay. I thought it was to good to be true headstock is cracked I no a machine shop but is it worth repairing? It’s nothing special just reminds me of my youth.. 182D71D8-9B0A-4149-8782-68467A11F042.jpeg

I need to behave now this is getting out of hand......Bought as a bare frame with rusty bits and dubious looking bottom bracket threads which did clean up nicely with a pick, wire brush and WD40. I can modify this one without guilt. tempImageHtQdFv.png tempImagehAHlmm.png

Love the red bro
I spotted a takagawa sticker you into you pit bikes too ? I’m thinking of buying a klx110 me and my buddy had crf 50s few years back great fun.

Anything with two wheels for me, ive even got a sack barrow somewhere lol The klx should be fun....
We’ve been into motocross for years but I’ve had many injuries (acl twice shoulder leg etc) and my best mates baby is due in two weeks so thinking a pit bike each for the land he owns to just play we’ve already been talking about getting her into bikes and she’s not even born yet ! Hope you heal up well man✌️

Cheers bud, ill be back at work soon which might be a good thing with all this eBay browsing lol. I don't have any motor bikes at the moment and only had one motocross bike, a yz125 many years ago. I had a go on my friends cr500 and it scared me to death, what a weapon that was! Road bikes are fine, I went through the '90s sports bikes and had tons of fun on them but motocross bikes smell like hospital to me lol
You'll have to show your friend the Danny Day Care video on YouTube

Back