Klosch - an accidental project…

Twozaskars

Retro Guru
I’ve been hanging around here long enough now to put a thread together, and as I never intended to do anything at all with this frame other than sell it on, it seemed a good place to start. IMG_4525.jpeg

I had never even heard of Klosch until I saw this at a very good price and only half an hour away. It’s been hanging around since March and last week while sorting through some parts I’d obtained from @Trebz it all just clicked into place. It already had the DX headset and XT U brake.
IMG_4528.jpeg IMG_4529.jpeg IMG_4533.jpeg IMG_4527.jpeg IMG_4532.jpeg

I love the patina and the fact that almost everything I’m using is in a similar state should leave me with an honest looking bike that to the untrained eye would just look like, well, a boring old bike.
These were part of a semi-built Karakoram which I didn’t fancy, but were in really good shape. I will bin the odd reflectors and fit a matching set.
IMG_4522.jpeg
IMG_4523.jpeg

These were included too and while not period correct, looked the best thing to fit at the minute.

IMG_4534.jpeg

The rear wheel was 135 and frame 130mm so I’ve adjusted, dished the wheel. I’ll turn that axle down at some point.
IMG_4541.jpeg

Here’s what that led to. Once I’d seen this I couldn’t turn back.
IMG_4538.jpeg

A scruffy but solid Ritchey Vector and a mixture of XT rear mech, shifters and levers plus LX crank and front mech get me to this. Very happy so far - the garden can now wait😊
IMG_4542.jpeg
IMG_4555.jpeg

I need to remove the front brake cable support from the headset and use the one on the bars, the front tyre need rotating around the rim slightly to match the rear and needs seating a bit better.

I'm not sure on the mtb, but some Klosch Road Bikes were re-badged Pinarellos. The Columbus tube might suggest it was too..?

Last edited:
Cleaned and painted, need to sort some bar plugs out now. Removed the brake cable bracket and fitted a plain spacer. The original Shimano top nut is missing its seal and to get to the O-ring box in the cupboard I had to move the bag of spare ball joint covers out of the way and that got me thinking…..
IMG_4636.jpeg IMG_4638.jpeg

Sorry to anyone that is offended by such bodgery😊
IMG_4639.jpeg

Latest posts

Back