Klein/Chris King sacrilege?

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Almost got all the bits for my Klein Rascal build.
It's pink to purple fade, yellow Judy SL's with full Ti bits, all different coloured Ringle and other brand ano all over it, M900, mint flite etc.

Only thing I don't have is a headset. The Judys are 1" threadless. I do have a 1" XTR threaded headset, but don't feel like threading the steerer.
I see CRC have 1" Chris King threadless stems in ano colours.
Would it be against the law to use one of these? Have they changed the look of them since the old days?
Any other ano 1" threadless headsets people might suggest?

I have in the past milled the threads from the inside top part of an XT threaded 1" headset and used it as an aheadset with no issues.

other than the recent addition of the sotto voce decals, i don't think anything has changed with the CK nothreadsets since they were first introduced.

If your steerer/crown can be removed, you could always go quill stem. Ritchey headsets came in 1 inch ahead, Fsa too, but id go for a king tbh, plan on doing that on my rascal if/when the xt headset gives up.

Khane":2moyymts said:
other than the recent addition of the sotto voce decals, i don't think anything has changed with the CK nothreadsets since they were first introduced.
In 1" NoThreadSet, there have been at least these variations:
- 2 different skirt OD's (Standard and BMX)
- 4 different stack heights each with different cup OD's (Old/Tall, Old/Short, BMX, New)
- 3 different cup logos or lack thereof (no-logo, bright-logo, sotto voce)
- 2 different bearing cap logos ("Chris King", "King Sealed")

Sweet thanks guys!
So it looks like I'll be going down the King path, now just to decide which ano colour I don't have and that will clash with everything else :LOL:

1" Judy steerer was extremely hard to come by... I ended up getting it from the land of tea and crumpets (England :p)

Back