Klein Attitude Wet Dream Build

It's all been done before, build it so it works perfectly and reliably and such that you're not afraid to ride it!

gtRTSdh":189zy0c7 said:
It's all been done before, build it so it works perfectly and reliably and such that you're not afraid to ride it!

It's a Klein. Hardly anyone actually RIDES them. The paint might get damaged.

dbmtb":m068a1k0 said:
gtRTSdh":m068a1k0 said:

PMSL

Vinyl wrap anyone?

Not just you Jon, My Dolomite gets its share of outings.. not as much as my modern bikes, but thats a comfort thing.. The Klein isnt as nice on the bumpy stuff!!! :)

Anyway Craig, you have the same issue as me, mid life crisis, bored and needing a project..

Mine started with a 1990/91 Klein Attitude, and Jon worked his magic in restoring the bike to my childhood dream colour Dolomite.

As far as components go, It has original XT groupset.

Components which were on my bikes BITD were:

Bullseye hubs
Mavic M231's
Campag Brakes
MK1 Gripshift

I have sourced the hubs and gripshift, but I am still waiting for someone to have the mavic's and campag for sale, then my retro dream will be complete!!! :)

To be honest, the bike will be used on a regular basis, but will lead a happy life, as my days of overly aggressive riding are over, and anyways, we all know a good artist who can sort the bike out if I scratch it! The biggest crime would be to build it fit for a purpose it never recieves!
Now. Having failed to find a Pauls rear mech, at all, at a good price, and based on reliability issues, can anyone suggest a less than run of the mill 8 speed mech I can look at?

dbmtb":2kiwgdol said:

From this past weekend.

wilk9.jpg

Don't go overboard with expensive parts. The paint sufficient to turn heads. Make it functional with solid shifting and brakes. M735 or M900.

Back