Klein Attitude Wet Dream Build

Craigk

Old School Hero
Hey everyone, as my mid life crisis unfolds before me, I have decided to embark upon the build which will end everything...........for this year. I have purchased nothing yet, the criteria is as follows: frame and fork will be Klein attitude, with Mission control, then.........anything which I view as iconic, or pleasing from my mountain bike past! Not too worried about this being totally period specific, but obviously no disc brakes or rapid fires etc. The build just needs to remind me why I love mountain bikes, and lay testament to the best components ever engineered. Simple!

Now, whilst I have a good working knowledge, I invite all you good persons to nominate products, and as I go along, help with any biuld queries, as I don't wanna mess this up. It's gonna take a while, but I got time. Please help, don't let an old man fail! :LOL:

Craigk":2qz2hyky said:
I invite all you good persons to nominate products

If in fact you can consider such things as "products", you will need

- A fat bank account, and/or an enourmous overdraft, and or huge line of credit
- An understanding, complient, and forgiving wife/fiance/misstress, or be single

;)

G

Give me a few days and I'll post a photo of one I'm building for a customer at the moment. Attitude Comp frame in metallic gunmetal grey; white Rock Shox SID World Cups with lockout; CrossMax SL ceramic wheels; Easton EA90 stem and EC90SL bars and mostly XTR... it's pure bike bling and I'll certainly be putting it on the scales (and of course giving it a "test-ride" around the block!) before delivering it.

try and do it from a different angle, no shimano/suntour/sram/easton. every component should be top of its line back in the day so royce bb/cooks bros something like that.
wheels should be one offs or something so rare that people would swap a xtr equipped adroit for them.
good luck with the build and getting the gear past the mrs :D

Thanks for the comments guys, all super encouraging, and I must say unkleGsif, the bank balance isn't wonderful, but I'm happy to sacrifice other man toys to fund this. No matter what bike I ride,(currently standard 95 spec cinder cone) I can'thelp but lust for the Klein....I had a Pinnacle waaaay back, but it was poverty spec, and even so, was a joy to behold. I want that feeling back! I do like the suggestion of non Shimano etc, could be cool to stay away from "Tha Man" and go all small manufacturer...... many nights of pondering ahead, but thanks guys, you have encouraged me, this is the right thing to do! Now, the wife.............. :shock:

any idea what colour scheme your going for ?
my mid life crisis has involved a pace rc100 and a klein dolomite attitude.
which ever klein you get, make it your own.

Have been toying with getting a custom paint job done, to tie in all parts of the build, but tbh, not sure I have the guts to strip and repaint an original colour scheme. In fairness, I'm more of a fan of the day glo fades rather than nightstorm etc, and as my previous three favourites, namely Pinacle, Heckler and M-Trax 200(!) have all been green, I find myself leaning towards this.........has anyone any pics of custom painted Kleins? Any inspiration is appreciated.

this is just my opinion, but if you have lusted after a klein for years,
i'd keep it the original colour, their paint schemes is what set them apart.
for me it was dolomite or nothing, the dolomite paint screams klein like no other.
whatever you decide, good luck with the build.

a klein as no klein has been seen before.

200gs all the way!!!

seriously though, I suppose if money is no object you should be looking at either pauls or similar cnc'd bits or go NOS & blingy with full xtr or build it with as much carbon & ti as you can get your hands on.

Hoping it will be individual, but not all the parts will be boutique, for want of a better word.......it has to be a mix of form and function, for example, I have aquired a wonderful condition xt rear mech from back in the day, which I may use on this build, as I always associated it with reliable shifting all day long in the bygone summers (sentimental or what!), similarly, I suspect thumbies will be the way forward, as my first Orange had awesome Suntour Friction shifters, again did their job perfectly, and kept me going! However, a point of view is needed re cranks- Middleburn, Syncros or Cooks? Any opinions?

Latest posts

Back