Klein Adroit Strata MC2 Fuselage in California 1995-6

Hi B77,

Agreed, use of the word 'fuselage' is a bit unusual outside aviation, but I have ideas how it became part of the Klein Marketing lexicon:

High end Kleins utilized a proprietary Bottom Bracket, Headset, Fork and one-piece Bar/ Stem. They were designed and sold as an integrated set, you may know.

Gary likely sought a single name for this set (rather than a gauche acronym), and settled on 'fuselage'. Heck, he was using aircraft bearings...and crafting bikes near Boeing...wasn't he?

So I say we commend his ingenuity & individualist spirit, and grant the poetic license. The dude's earned his stripes. ;)

any123 said:
Anybody can enlighten me i would most appreciate.

Its an Attitude frame: more common than a true Adroit durring the transition to the new designs under Trek ownership.

Having been built 12/95, this is a model year 1996 frame.

Technically it is an Attitude frame, as it misses the 2inch downtube and the enforcements for the bottleholders.

Still awesome bike at a great price as it is comes with the Strata-fork and some components. Unlike the 97 "Adroit", it also features an "X" in the serial number. Congrats to the buyer and good on the seller for not splitting forks and frame.

I'm looking forward to seeing this built when it arrives. Don't be shy on updates chaps

Back