Klein Adroit Strata MC2 Fuselage in California 1995-6

K U R T

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
1995-6 Klein Adroit Strata MC2 Burgundy/ Blue Linear Fade (incomplete)

This bike needs a new home and restoration/ build!

Size M, Serial # 20X1295117 (unsure whether this is '95 or '96?)

The Strata fork is from a size L Adroit and has an uncut steerer tube.

There are some blemishes around the bike, which I attempt to show in the pictures. Please note one indentation in the right side of the fork crown and a second on the left chainstay. Note chain suck damage as well.

Factory Klein MC2 headset wrench is included but no Owner's Manual.

Comes as Fuselage plus some extra drive & brake parts:

XTR 950 Rapidfire
XTR 950 V Brakes
XT Front Derailleur
Thomson Masterpiece Setback Seatpost or Syncros Hardcore (buyer has choice)

$1700 OBO plus Shipping

Please email if you have questions: kbeitler (at) g mail "dot" com.

Thank you for looking!

Kurt

IMG_3798-L.jpg

IMG_3799-L.jpg

IMG_3800-L.jpg

IMG_3803-L.jpg

IMG_3802-L.jpg

IMG_3801-L.jpg

IMG_3806-L.jpg

IMG_3805-L.jpg

IMG_3809-L.jpg

IMG_3810-L.jpg

IMG_3813-L.jpg

IMG_3814-L.jpg

IMG_3815-L.jpg

IMG_3817-L.jpg

IMG_3822-L.jpg

IMG_3824-L.jpg

That shipping seems high

I recently shipped a hefty d/h frame at 27lbs/12.5 kgs with many weighty parts for it from the midwest to the u.k. via usps at $125

I doubt even boxed in a frame box that klein set would weigh much more than about 6kg. probably best to box it correctly, get it weighed then give some accurate costs on postage and I'm sure it would help your sale greatly

good luck with your sale

Thanks, Sylus!

I agree that UPS estimate seems high. Last year I shipped a light frameset to Switzerland and recall the cost at ~ $80.

How bout I say $100 even for the Adroit. I'll cover any higher cost and refund the difference if it happens to be cheaper.

Thank you,

Kurt

This bike has confused me. It is defo a 95 built bike but why did klein not put the boron around the water bottle bosses. I thought all 95 frames had bulges around the water bottle eyelets.

It looks like klein decided to bang all sorts of tubes together here, i.e.: downtube from a 96/97 and a bb bracket shell from a 94. What i mean is it seems like a 95/97 bike, but it is deco a 95 from the serial. Its just the eyelets i dont get unless this was a bike where they just started production without boron. very strange.

not saying the bike aint all above aboard, and is at a very reasonable bargain just these little things bug me. Anybody can enlighten me i would most appreciate.

thanks andy

Fuselage ? Hilarious.

Edit: Just searched the word fuselage, it seems it's mainly Klein owners that use the word. :LOL: :LOL: :roll: the rest of us seem to be normal (ish).

Yes I am bored and trolling

Still bloody stupid word to use though

;)

Back