Klassic Konas

lankshear1976":1mg2649w said:
Great looking bikes , smyou should change the tyres on the kiss us bike it just doesn't look right on skinny's

It did manage to do a 3,500 mile ride on those tyres once.

Re: Re:

Adam_S":1yrqm46a said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1yrqm46a said:
Yeah those would be the ones, except mine were the ones with the titanium nitrate coated sanctions. I didnt know about filling the dampner with oil but like stated above it sounds plausible that it could be damaging to the fork if your not careful. Mine had a medium spring but was still stupidly soft, i couldnt see anybody over 8 stone getting on with that fork, which is what led me to sale it in the end. Shame because it looked so nice... Do you find your rc36 to be as soft? Id like another pair really but if theyre all the same i wouldnt get on with them

I think it's down to personal preference TBH. I'd have been 11 or 12 stone when I had the fork set up that way and I was always was trying to get it to be softer and more responsive. Like I say, I think they're just designed that way.

What you could do is get a later model one with adjustable preload and compression damping and you should be able to get them set up more to your liking.
because i got an older frame anyway, im gonna try a later pair of rc35 elastomer forks, better for the geometry:)

Back