Kids sized (23") Saracen Trekker? late 80s survivor

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hmm I'm interested in this but not so sure it's a trekker. 89 trekker had wishbone stays. Also had deore 2 whereas this is all exage trail. Any thoughts anyone? Just says Saracen on top and down tubes, can't see a model name anywhere (89 had " trekker" decal on top tube).

Agreed....looks a similar colour to the Trekkers of old (maybe a bit faded) but I also always remember Trekkers of that vintage having a rear wishbone as well.

So no idea - could be an end-of-line parts-bin raid "Limited Edition" that Saracen were renowned for (but they tended to be Black for most years around that vintage).

EDIT: Also, Exage Trail seems a bit low-rent for a Trekker (which was higher than the entry-level Tufftrax in the pecking order) - I would have thought LX or Deore.

Special Edition early in the 1989 model year is my best guess. Top tube decal is earlier then 89 so looks like a 87/88ish frame painted in a batch with 89 frames with any old groupo stuck on it.

Its a strange one :LOL:

Certainly not a trekker , I would say it is an "edition" type based on an 88 Tufftrax sold in 1989 going by the decals and the chainstay U brake, The pictures are a bit pants and I can just about work out that it also has SARACEN worded on the TT.

If anyone is large enough to consider purchasing I would ask seller to confirm that seat post is free and moveable as the big old one's with the seat post right in are the sticky buggers ;)

Anyone get it? Was going to bid but went a bit high for all that exage trail. I slightly suspect shilling too with the bid pattern and the new eBay member. Still not a bad price but...

Back