Keith Coppell Lo-Pro (80's content)

Re:

I am really tempted to get something like that myself. I loved the Caygills with curved tubes and 24" wheels. Mercian also did a really nice lugless lo pro. One day maybe, hard to justify now with three kids to feed!!

Re:

It's pretty stable Shaun, but then again i'm not hitting 35mph and in total aero mode! I wouldn't trust the tubs in any case, i'm just waiting for them to disintegrate :shock:

I justify such purchases on the basis that my son may one day actually appreciate them. Given that he's got no interest in bikes or indeed anything that involves strenuous activity I may be deluding myself, but it does mean I can still keep buying bikes on such a pretense, well that's what I tell myself anyway :)

Re:

Spectacular!

The frame and paint is so fantastic that I think the ancillaries (tape, saddle, cables) should be neutral in colour...white would be my pick

I love it all the same

I think in time i'll end up changing the consumables, it's in desperate need of new tubs & a saddle. I am somewhat loathed to change the tape though, not purely due to aesthetics, but because it's the best bar wrapping i've seen!! :facepalm:

Re:

My dad has one of these made by Keith. Not as radical colour wise but made with teardrop tubes. Love that bike and it will be mine one day hahaha.

Re:

Might take a while, think the bike is actually in his loft. Next time I visit I'll have a look or root through his pics ;)

Re:

Diamont Don is exactly right - photo's required :)

From the brief conversation I had with Keith's daughter Paula when I picked this up, I think she said that he made 6 lo-pro's for him and his club mates, so if that's correct then it's a very limited pool of bikes, and of course, i'd love to see some of the others.

I managed to find a very nice condition San Marco Ergo saddle to replace the wrecked one that came on the bike. The new one is fluro pink to match the bar tape!! True 80's!! :D

Back