Karma NOS MBK Ranger Hi-Tech frame

retroyetirigid

Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Right, I got given this frame by my old boss when he closed his shop down due to retirement (either I was having it or the tip was ;) )
I believe it is a 1989 frame, measurements are :

Seat tube Centre to Top : 17 1/4" (440mm)
Seat tube Centre to Centre : 16 1/8" (410mm)
Top tube Centre to Centre : 20" (510mm)
1" head tube (3 5/8" (92mm)long), 28.6 front mech clamp and takes a 25.4mm seatpost.
Takes a full length rear brake cable so can run canti's or V's.
P5300136-1.jpg

P5300140.jpg

P5300137-2.jpg

P5300138.jpg

P5300139.jpg

P5300141.jpg

P5300142.jpg

As far as I'm aware this frame has never been built up as the bottom bracket threads are 'New bike clean'. There are some storage marks and 1 or 2 minor chips.

There is an issue though :( :? , at some point it appears to have been dropped on the bottom bracket shell (see last pic) resulting in a slight flat spot on the left hand side (the right hand side seems fine). I have not tried to put a bottom bracket in but guess a steel cupped sealed unit would probably get over this issue.

I was going to keep it and do a retro-mod build with it but due to a possible house move soon, it needs to go, and also due to the BB issue its going as KARMA including postage (I can't send to islands, highlands or abroad though sorry :oops: )

Usual Karma/raffle thing here, put your name down and I'll get my girlfriend to pick a name out of a hat. I'll let this run for just over a week, so closing date will be Sunday 10th June.

Great karma! If it was big enough for me or I had anyone waiting for me to build them a bike I would be in, but instead I'll just congratulate you on a great offer!

The first bike I bought myself was an MBK road bike "Just like Stephen Roche's" - several models down maybe but it looked similar!

Karma raffles are both exciting and generous. Please put my name down.

Love the fade on the frame :)

Could I have a number if you would be so kind :)

Many thanks,

Jussa :)

Back