K2 Razorback RS -- twith noleen pull shock

rapiddescent

Retro Newbie
This is my rather pimpy K2 Razorback RS from about 1998/1999 - you may have seen me at various singlespeed championships riding this frame - it's a very lightweight frame with the (in)famous pull shock. Folks just don't understand the shock because it works in reverse to a normal push shock. It kind of looks like there is a missing bit of frame (there isn't). It's a licensed design by Turner that K2 tried to kick start their XC World Cup XC race team with after tremendous success in the mid-nineties with Hank Djernis on a Proflex 856.

I did a review for GoFAR (whatever happened to them?) and a copy is here: http://www.rapiddescentscotland.co....ser_op=view_page&PAGE_id=10&MMN_position=14:6

I got this direct from k2 - I used to sell Proflex and K2 spare parts for 13 years and gave up a few years ago.

I've got some spare parts for this frame on ebay as well

NO RESERVE!!

Attachments

• k2razorbackrear.JPG
    k2razorbackrear.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 945
yeah - I sold a carbon frame last week and only put 15 quid for the frame and nearly died when I got to the post office. Not only have they put up first class postage but all the parcel prices have gone up as well.

In case you already have a k2 razorback rs, i've got a noleen pull shock and a spare seat stay strut in separate auctions!

Local powder coat guy did it for me. The glitter really shines up in the sun. Basically it's 3 layers, base dark blue powder coat, glitter and then a lacquer finish - baked in the oven at gas mark 10 for an hour and voila.

Postage wise forget the Post Office/Parcel Force, getting far too expensive.
Go to Parcel Monkey - no limits on size, really good value and they pick up.
I sent a whole boxed bike (early 90's Saracen, so not overly light) and the whole shebang cost £12.50 inc. £200 insurance and VAT.

that's a good tip - thanks.

the frame is at £26 with 9 hrs to go. so it's going to be an utter bargain for some lucky person.

Back