Just joined, thought i'd see if anyone has heard of my bike?

Wow, didn't know you still had that Bro.

Looks (almost) as good as it did thew day we built it up, and yes it was red. Those forks are still cool.

Shame I didnt keep that old Muddy Fox Rock'n'Roll I used to race. :shock:

dyna-ti":39h27v62 said:
Whats the stem ,cant quite make it out
Lovely shade of yellow that you dont see to often :D
And dont you wash your Gloves? :shock:

Looks like an Amoeba, I had one in green.

Yeah, its an amoeba stem (sp?).

Thats not muck from gloves, GLOVES ARE FOR GIRLS! Thats good old dirt, usually from tinkering, then going for a ride straight away, but then again, what do you expect with yellow grips??

Any by the way, i do looove the brake levers, really comfy and easy to use.

I know its a mishmash of colours and components, but i was 14 or so when its was all put together, and all done in dribs n drabs.

nice to see if there are any others out there.

Martin

Research Dynamics was a snow ski company based out of Sun Valley, Idaho, USA in the late 80's and early 90's.

That bike should be around 1990. I believe the 1991 model was black, and the 1992 model was silver. If I remember correctly, they came originally with a Shimano Deore DX kit. Some of RD bikes around that time also came with the Scott Pedersen SE brakes. The bikes had a generic cro-moly frame and were well equipped for the money.

As stated above, most were sold through ski shops and big box sporting good stores. Coyote was the name of their most popular ski model and they carried it over to the bike line.

I don't think you will find much literature on them. Seems like each winter my ski distributor would just hand me a piece of paper on which were printed the models (1,2,3,4,5), specs, and prices when asking for orders for the following summer.

Howdy,
I lived in Sun Valley Idaho in the early 90's and that is, I believe, where RD was headquartered. I had some friends that were good riders and RD would gift them bikes for the summer. Most came with XT but in 92 a friend got one with 1st gen XTR that was Yellow. That was when a hardtail was a hardtail.
I moved away after that summer and never really saw one agian. I always thought they were cool bikes.
Enjoy!

Back