Just joined, thought i'd see if anyone has heard of my bike?

Mart

Retro Newbie
Hi peeps,

Just joined your fine website, when mtb were mtbs, and your brakes stopped working when you went through a muddy puddle (not all this cheap disk brake rubbish!!).

Anywho, I bought my current ride second hand, about 10 years ago, even then i was told it was a classic!! At the time i was only 15, so splashed out on the latest and best parts i could afford, so its a bit of a hotchpotch of 80's and 90's parts.

The frame itself is a Research Dynamics Coyote Four. Its a hardtail in a sort of (ashamed to say it) pink colour (i swear it must have been red when brand new!) and origonally it had a 1 1/4" headset with black rigid forks.

it's current spec fron to back includes (this is off the top of my head, as the bikes in the garage and its raining out):

Ritchey rock 415E rims
Deore LX front hub
Marzocchi DH3 forks
FSA ahead 1 1/8" headset with frame shimmed by Dave Hinde to accept it
ameoba yellow stem
thick wall downhill bars (think they're Acor)
Sachs Wavey Shifters
Shimano DX brake levers (the red BMX style ones)
Flying saucer shaped anodised bar stops (to stop your hands slipping off the bars?)
Shimano XT V-brakes, with blue brake booster!!
Crud Catcher
Kalloy seatpost
Flite titanium kevlar saddle
Shimano LX front Mech
Shimano SG chainset
DMR V8 pedals
Deore DX rear hub
Sachs Neos rear Mech (sadly couldn't afford the quartx one when i bought it)

Think that must be about it really!!

Just thought i'd come to see if anyone knows of the same frame anywhere? From what limited research i've done it seems to be an american import from the 80's probably, but can't find records of the RD coyote Four model.

gonna have a snoop round here, and see what memories it cunjours up.

cheers,

Mart

hey hey hey,

Thanks for the responses, just taken some pics, to see if it sparks someone's memory. (apologies for the unconventional tyres, been using it to ride to work!)

Oh yeah, and i know it needs a good wash!!!!

cheers,

Martin

IMAGE_026.jpg

IMAGE_035.jpg

IMAGE_033.jpg

IMAGE_032-1.jpg

IMAGE_030-1.jpg

IMAGE_029.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_027.jpg

Wow, that is a proper mix of components, looks to be good quality kit mostly...

I've never seen one before but it's always cool to see unusual stuff :D

Now get cleaning :cool:

I remember Research Dynamics as being sold through a big-box sporting goods store calles Jumbo Sports in the early 90's.

My friend had a coyote BITD quite a nice bike, his was a green/white fade. Not the lightest but a good looker.

Whats the stem ,cant quite make it out
Lovely shade of yellow that you dont see to often :D
And dont you wash your Gloves? :shock:

I've only ever seen those DX brake levers on bmx cruisers...definitely an interesting mix, but it looks like it's put to much use...so if it works for you that's what counts.

Back