June 2012 BoTM 'Dead End Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMJ":33zjzdbq said:
I have to agree with andrewl. The never well received bolt on rear composite hardtail died rather abruptly, never to return. Richard Cunningham made Mantis XCRs/Flying Vs for a number of years. Fisher CR-7 and Nishiki Alien only 3 (and those were Richard Cunningham designed/built) and the GT Xizang, which was a one year flash in the pan dreamt up by Maurice Lavoy.

Plus MS Racing CR-1

ChuckO":1e5xszt0 said:
Thermoplastic carbon? I've de-retro'd mine a bit too much to qualify, I think, but I know there are a few out there in RB land... Definitely a dead end.

Was thinking about this as well.

Have some Thermoplastic & a CR-7 in the shed. I keep thinking Thermoplastic is a little too new (but yes, outdated) to be proper retro though...

1992 trek 9000. considered by many to be a dead end. biopace works quite will with the elastomer set up. other fatures includes brake lever covers, external bottom bracket seals, steerer tube plug, all the essentials.
35a9lhe.jpg

trail_head":37eun6cj said:
The Ibis Tranny is in production and has a bolt on(adjustable) rear triangle.
Just sayin'

But not for the same reason though?

Ductape":bbs6stzm said:
RC was a visionary!

The Cunningham that can weld and machine properly.

<awaits the pitchfork and torches onslaught from the Charlie zealots>

sts = single tube system

why they didn`t built frames like this anymore? :(

Attachments

• 6887529093_cdd15ae9d7_b.jpg
    6887529093_cdd15ae9d7_b.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 744
  • 6887526999_f050c95f45_b.jpg
    6887526999_f050c95f45_b.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 743
Might as well add my former Kirk Revolution DX (with Amp F2 forks), both were a great idea at the time and could have revolutionised ;) the market. Still a strking bike to look at though!

Kirk_Revolution_P1020431.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back