Judy Axle to Crown Fork Length (Bontrager Content)

P20

Retrobike Rider
What length fork (axle to crown) was spec'd for the Bontrager frames?
The bike below is the one in question:

1355250752_ee25336d8c_b.jpg

Its got 420mm RC31s on at the moment, but i'm wondering if 440mm would be ok. How long were 96 Judy XC forks for example? I've no idea how old the frame is but i'm guessing around 96-98.

Cheers ;)

here's a photo of my judy XC's . . . they have had the elastomers replaced with medium 'RED' springs and sit at aorund 430mm from axel to crown!
DSC00624.jpg

Nice one. Cheers for that. ;)
I presume they are the 94?? fork(guessing by the bolted brace) So presumably the later, longer travel Judys are taller?

Anyone able to measure their later model Judys?
Was it Hollister that knew all things Bonty?

Wouldn't be the 1st time i've been wrong on here. :roll: :LOL: I now the 98 were one piece lowers, but thought they were introduced earlier than that. Anyone?

It was modified a few years ago, when gil_m owned the frame. The bosses were removed, the disc mount and crud catcher mounts were added. The work was done by a local frame builder.
Photo from the sale ad:

california_may_2006_208_789.jpg

P20":31ru092b said:
It was modified a few years ago, when gil_m owned the frame. The bosses were removed, the disc mount and crud catcher mounts were added. The work was done by a local frame builder.
Photo from the sale ad:

california_may_2006_208_789.jpg

REALLY NICE! Is that frame one of the Privateers with 1-1/8" head tube as well? (I've not seen a carbon fork like that with a 1" steerer...so I'm assuming 1-1/8"...?)

It's 1"steerer. Pace Rc31 forks. Not that many about, but there's a slightly longer pair in the classifieds ;)
The forks are seemingly no longer made as DTSwiss bought the Pace forks brand :roll:

Back