JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":2pnm2yup said:
Yes. My personal fave graphics are the '93 decals and the '92 Clockwork decals with the clock face in place of the first 'O'.

The clock face decals are actually from the late 90's bikes.

Re:

This is mine currently. Single speed with cheapo parts that I'll be replacing during the winter, most likely Deore XT/LX parts. Couldn't find an original fork so the one installed is just a basic Tange MTB fork. Looking to replace it with something fancier later, really liking the rigid Pace forks found in earlier posts on this thread. It's definitely a fun bike to ride! I haven't been riding any MTB in ten years or so, it was so much fun! =)

3narf":3lxcfy2l said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=336430

I posted mine here last week. Deafening silence...

Got to love a black clockwork, I have 3! a 1991, 92, 93. They just look right in my humble opinion..simple but quite striking. nice to see another one. You had suntour xc before, really nice groupo.. I really like my clockwork to ride, good solid reassuring on the trails. Anyway thanks for sharing and welcome to retrobike.. :D

asi":3jco833d said:

This is mine currently. Single speed with cheapo parts that I'll be replacing during the winter, most likely Deore XT/LX parts. Couldn't find an original fork so the one installed is just a basic Tange MTB fork. Looking to replace it with something fancier later, really liking the rigid Pace forks found in earlier posts on this thread. It's definitely a fun bike to ride! I haven't been riding any MTB in ten years or so, it was so much fun! =)

You've got a really good starting point there, worth getting some original Orange forks, but like you said you can upgrade slowly. The Orange and white clockwork Orange is still on my bucket list of bikes!! Thanks for sharing :cool:

Cheshire1980":198a3qc1 said:
3narf":198a3qc1 said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=336430

I posted mine here last week. Deafening silence...

Got to love a black clockwork, I have 3! a 1991, 92, 93. They just look right in my humble opinion..simple but quite striking. nice to see another one. You had suntour xc before, really nice groupo.. I really like my clockwork to ride, good solid reassuring on the trails. Anyway thanks for sharing and welcome to retrobike.. :D

Thanks!

I might put gears and flat bars back on it; oh, and my Pace RC35s...

Cheshire1980":bl2nb4yb said:
asi":bl2nb4yb said:

You've got a really good starting point there, worth getting some original Orange forks, but like you said you can upgrade slowly. The Orange and white clockwork Orange is still on my bucket list of bikes!! Thanks for sharing :cool:

I like the orange/white too. When I bought mine the Deore LX was reduced to £599 from £619 (This was early '92 I think); the XC Expert was £599 full price but I went for that because I really wanted the black one at the time. Plus I liked the novelty of the 24-speed MicroDrive!

I still have the thumbshifters which work as well as they did when they were new. I think the rest of the groupset is still on my wife's '91 Hardrock Sport...

Back