It was 37 years ago today.

You should see the health and safety bollox I have to fill in before I even attempt to go near a car let alone cycling...

'79 was the year I cycled across BC from Vancouver, through the coast mntns, the interior, and then the Rockies to Calgary, with many party/lake town stops and weekends of holiday fun (wahoo!) along the way. No helmets, a Nishiki road bike, camping under the stars all along the way, and sunshine !

Re: Re:

k-rod":cei4nryf said:
do you still have #2 in your possession?

It hangs on the wall at the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame, conveniently located a five minute bike ride from my house. I will be there today, I do some of the docent chores when they get shorthanded.

legrandefromage":fxdbscx3 said:
You should see the health and safety bollox I have to fill in before I even attempt to go near a car let alone cycling...

You can ride responsibly.

You can ride safely.

Or you can ride with me.

I love watching klunkers Sir you are a Legend and I would ride with you any day :D …if I was over there :( :D

Re:

"You can ride responsibly.

You can ride safely.

Or you can ride with me.... "

C. Kelly

Can we have that on a T Shirt please?

It is important to commemorate these dates. MTBs are still really relatively new (the late 70s are not that long ago) but the risk is that we will lose these first hand memories to history and end up relying on hearsay.
Mr. Repack Rider, it would be great if you could start a thread relating your experiences from those days!

And many congratulations on achieving this milestone!!

Cavalier, Charlie has a lot of threads on here and also on his own site, along with various others as well. Lots of cool stuff floating about :)

Jamie

Cavalier":2xr75bo6 said:
It is important to commemorate these dates. MTBs are still really relatively new (the late 70s are not that long ago) but the risk is that we will lose these first hand memories to history and end up relying on hearsay.
Mr. Repack Rider, it would be great if you could start a thread relating your experiences from those days!

This forum is not the place for me to tell every story I have.

Here is my website.

Here is my book.

Back