Is this trailer bike any good?

We have a vaguely similar looking trailer. It was this one from amazon > Bumper Solo.

It is quite heavy but perfectly good for the odd jaunt.

As someone else mentioned the trailers can be a little cumbersome. Know locally the only trails and tracks which are suitable for use with the bike and trailer are blocked by swing gates etc to prevent horses and motorbikes. This makes the trailer pretty tricky for anything but the road.

As such decided to go for one of the rear mounted seats from hamax like this one > Hamax Siesta. Personally I prefer the bike seat although I realise it's a personal choice and a debate all of it's own. With the bike seat I can pop down to the big playground and pool with the youngster without having to complete a major operation to get through the barriers and gates...

Mm, you have to watch the route planning a bit with the trailer. We've got a Siesta too, on another bike, so between us we can take both kids on non-trailer-friendly rides. The trailer's good for going to the beach, though, 'cos you can put lots of stuff in it - windbreak, body board, BBQ... ;-)

42-15350646.jpg

Back