Is this trailer bike any good?

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
What do you think for the money? I've seen an identical one of the Halfrauds website for £90, so this seems good value.

I'd ideally like one that fits onto my seatpost, but cant seem to find one of this style.

Comments please chaps.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks very similar to our Burley Bee, which is ace. The frame mount makes more sense than a seatpost mount - feels less weird to tow, although you can feel the weight of it pushing the bike on descents. Maybe check what it's made of - the Burley's all aluminium tubing, I know there are some cheap trailers around made of steel which ends up pretty heavy.

A friend on my mooring uses one that has a detachable front wheel, thereby becoming a buggy.

It's good, but no use at all on towpaths, where the bollards that don't stop motorbikes stop it from being towable.

there not much more new....

get a double one though imho. even if only one kid goes in, they are more stable and the extra room is useful for all the gumpf kids need.

Certainly looks like a Burley copy... we used a Solo for a few years which was fantastic (and a good bit more expensive than that!)... they were less common then though.

Ours is about 16lb and other than taking a good bit of paint off my frame where it attaches there wasn't anything to complain about. I would think the larger trailers would be a bit heavier, and we never ran out of stowage space with the solo.

Regarding the attachment - we moved onto a tag-a-long which attaches to the seatpost and it's much more annoying when riding - obviously a trailer has less issues, being more stable, but I'd still avoid a seatpost attached trailer.

Claimed weight for the Bee (which takes two, max capacity 100lb) is just under 20lb, so not a huge amount more.

If/when we get a trailerbike, I'll be looking for a rack-mounted one that pivots directly above the rear axle of the towing bike - they steer a lot less weirdly:

trailerbike-old.jpg

MikeD":1kdbhzc6 said:
Claimed weight for the Bee (which takes two, max capacity 100lb) is just under 20lb, so not a huge amount more.

If/when we get a trailerbike, I'll be looking for a rack-mounted one that pivots directly above the rear axle of the towing bike - they steer a lot less weirdly:

trailerbike-old.jpg

LOL! please dont tell me thats a real bike

It's not a bike, no, it's a trailerbike for small children, so they can pedal, or not, as they prefer, but always keep up. Not sure what's funny about it :?. I guess it's a bit odd-looking if you've not seen one before.

Back