Is this a Holdworth...

winjohn

Devout Dirtbag
is it even 531 tubing?

I bought this from a guy who had started the project but had decided he was not ever going to finish it. He said it was 531 and a Holdsworth and I had no reason to doubt him.

He had had the frame powder coated by a mate at a local firm and when I inspected the frame I asked whether they were used to doing bike frames, he said that gates and industrial stuff was more their thing, and I could tell.

Still it was all covered with an Bianchi like colour and apart from things like they hadn't taken out the drop out adjusters before spraying, the finish looked OK, not great but OK.

It was cheap and came with decent period wheels and bars and tange headset and BB so I bought it.

I"m now building it up and coming to the seatpost I thought I would have just the thing in a 27.2mm post to fit nicely, then I was thrown a curve ball. I thought that all 531 tubing frame took either a 27 or 27.2 post, but this came with a 26.4mm post that seems to fit perfectly.

I would be grateful for any thoughts on what this might be. I have included photos. I am still thinking it is probably a Holdsworth, but what model and what tubing, I'm not sure.

IMG_0879.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    618.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    481 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0881.JPG