Is this a custom painted hei hei?

Anthony":1ape4wgm said:
It looks like a 1997 King Kahuna (strictly speaking a Hei Hei King Kahuna that year of course). The serial number would clear it up.

Size 17 is quite rare.

Gussets and squared main tubes give it away as a KK

eshew":29zvsuyb said:
Sounds like i'm getting a new bike :)

Any advice on how to explain it to my wife?

Don't! :shock: .. keep it hidden from her for as long as possible...

... :idea: here's an idea! You could keep it at my place! I promise to take real good care of it for ya and she'll be none the wiser :D

Easy..use the wife shopping chant

I saved lots by buying this..or..that old thing? I've had it for ages

Orrr...someones asked me to do some work on it for them..you do the work..they never collect it..you keep the bike as payment for the work

eshew":25a5nyoj said:
It is a.17" You guys are amazing. Now can you tell me if it will fit me.. 5'10" :)

I would say its a bit on the small side, but having never seen you or how or what you ride you could make it work...

Nice bike! There is a Hot here with the same paint job

Canuck wrote:

Don't! Shocked .. keep it hidden from her for as long as possible...

I have yet told my wife of the frame I bought last year. It is a Vicious Cycles 853 Racer X.. I had it hid in a suitcase since I got... now that we will be traveling and using the suitcase.. so I moved the frame to under our bed. My wife is literately sleeping on top of my next project. ;)

Should be picking up the bike soon so we'll see. I had a 17" Bear and Stinky primo, now ride a 17" Dawg and that feels fine.

For XC I had a 1996 Kona Sex One 19" and now ride a 19" 07 Kikapu. I'm sure I'll adapt as the 19's do feel a bit large.

Can't wait as this will be my 1st Ti bike, and my first hardtail since 1996 & its a KONA! I'm a happy camper :LOL:

I did break the news to the wife, (well soon to be as of August 4th) and she was understanding... but didn't believe the "this is the last one" line... smart girl. "That's what you said last time" she says...

Love it! Buy it and get the build thread started now! When you realise it's too small please sell it to me ;)

Back