Is Modern Better Than Retro?

02gf74":2wn5dt4w said:
Thats it then, im off to ebay to find a subaru jacket to go with my harley davidson branded jacket and super dry jacket.

I'll keep an eye out for you....

I have a new scope on my rifle.

al.

Re:

No Roadies were harmed in the making of this film.

al.

Re:

Interesting question: I have a shed full of new and retro bikes and for me it is unquestionably RETRO ALL THE WAY!!
I am far more engaged, invloved and proud to sit between the wheels of a quality retro bike.
They command more respect, for example: GT have made many fine modern bikes but they will never be lusted over like the STS', LOBO's or Zaskars from the 90's.

Re: Re:

Hallas29":14b21p04 said:
Interesting question: I have a shed full of new and retro bikes and for me it is unquestionably RETRO ALL THE WAY!!
I am far more engaged, invloved and proud to sit between the wheels of a quality retro bike.
They command more respect, for example: GT have made many fine modern bikes but they will never be lusted over like the STS', LOBO's or Zaskars from the 90's.

Well said. Read quite a few posts from Americans saying they sold their modern rig and went back to a high end retro. They stated it was more of a fun challenge picking proper lines and the whole experience was more satisfying. Never owned a rig newer than 2000 so I can't compare. New rigs depreciate like a stone too. The market moves at such a rate driven by endless marketing BS, I'm kind of glad I don't have to believe all the hype.

Re:

I have to say I'm not a fan of GMBN. Something doesn't sit right. Their videos have good production values, but the core content is mediocre to poor in terms of information and usefulness.

I also have the feeling GMBN are industry shills to some extent. Their viewer stats (20,000 per video?) don't seem good enough for their videos to be worth the time/money to produce, unless they've got a hidden revenue stream from the bike industry to promote certain products and views (i.e., the latest bikes are way better than older ones).

As for the comparison itself, it was fair enough, but I can't say the Pro Flex is the best of the era.

Things get a little blurred with time

If you were to ask is this better than a Fisher RS-1 perhaps?

927766d1412086070-going-moab-1995-my-new-then-gary-fisher-rs-1-image.jpg

aaron-gwin-s-yt-tues-frame.jpg

The above are completely unrelated to how ATB started out so if the question was is this better than that etc etc

Two Zaskars

gt-rey1_mba-feb-1993.jpg

zaskar-hero-3q.png

Back