Is it right to be scared of a bike ?

Re: Re:

widowmaker":2kwnc5j9 said:
Its a cracking bike and rides just right no need to change a thing only the rider sat on it :oops:

It just scares me that's all, I am even going to have to cover it up with a sheet in the shed, or maybe get a exorcism done as it may be possessed :shock:

I found the same issue with a low stem but fitting a high one didn't resolve the matter until i fitted wider bars and moved the saddle forward about a quarter of an inch and then it was like riding a totally different bike and it felt more comfy too ..

The History Man":10olkirv said:
It's not. It's the black one so really different

4b9739c543d17339f20a82fe92d6a4be_zps9aes3cca.jpg

066f4c7df21d9d350b67e6de9ea3d070_zpsssc5qfx5.jpg

Yep that stem would be way to high for my comfort level so the 1st comment you made THM regards stem hight would be correct in mho ..

Re:

I think there seems to be some confusion here, its not the bike, the bike rides very well, was bought/set up almost perfectly for me, does everything I ask of it.

It just scares the hell out of me :twisted:

But then I have been riding miles and miles a modern 27.5 so maybe I have just gone soft :oops: :p

But you've been riding for quite a few years mate so i can't see you would be scared as such and so i would class the bike as just feeling twitchy compared to what your use to and if i were in your shoes i would just get out on the bike and put a load of road miles under my belt to get a better feel of it before venturing off road again ..

Muddy paw":16f0xbvc said:
But you've been riding for quite a few years mate so i can't see you would be scared as such and so i would class the bike as just feeling twitchy compared to what your use to and if i were in your shoes i would just get out on the bike and put a load of road miles under my belt to get a better feel of it before venturing off road again ..

I aim to, off down the Purbecks and Corfe castle this weekend.

Some Cake Too :cool:

widowmaker":30nxalj5 said:
Muddy paw":30nxalj5 said:

I aim to, off down the Purbecks and Corfe castle this weekend.

Some Cake Too :cool:

Seems like a good plan to me and i hope the cake will be worth the wait ;) and if the weather forcast is right then you'll have a great weekend :) ..

Re: Re:

widowmaker":6hluwh87 said:
The forecast down here is Scorchio :cool:

I had heard it was going to be rather warm in certain parts of the country so lets hope you get it mate ;) ..

Back