Info on Look MTB's ?

could try to shed a few lb while keeping the look very similar. from this distance, that chainset isnt a million miles looks wise from M900 XTR etc.

Look

Was going to research it, but the gearing is more like roadie, 48-38-32 The Tyres do drag a lot and will prob be a kilo each! The Exage Canti's look really heavy and are ineffective, Think it needs some lighter treads and a lighter chainset. Flat Bars and a decent stem? The shifters are the first STI ones I believe? but are pretty wooden. It rides so well, it really justifies some top modern kit, but I'm in no rush to change much yet.

I placed a bid on the below a few weeks ago on ebay germany, but lost :(
Think they're beautiful bikes. This one had a Tange Prestige tubeset. Still looking for a light, rigid and affordable steel bike. This one unfortunately became out of my price range.

Attachments

• look.jpg
    look.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,635
Look

That looks different to mine? Must be a bigger size ,but mine has different rear brake routing and a dropped top tube with no Canti Bridge. I believe as they are so rare, but like Ritcheys and Chances, they're always going to be pricey?

there is a look mi90 on ebay at the mo,with the campag group 21 speed
quad butted tubing-looks immaculate
virtually identical to mine but i had the record or group and it was 24 speed
starting price is £300 from what i have seen a full groupset of campy or stuff is that price,then add on ritchey wheels and forks and it starts to look a bargain-mind you its out of my reach
if i remember the 90 was the top steel frame with custom drawn quad butted tubes by either tange or ishiwata(depends who you talk to)
next one down was triple butted,then double butted frame
the bees nees frame was a carbon frame,i only ever saw a picture don't remember the mags testing one of those though they did yest the mi90 but were not impressed with the campag stuff
am sure somone can put the link up for the mi90 on ebay-not that sure how to do it
anybody find a cheap one let me know
tont

Looks like I have the bees knees.... :D

Hi folks I noticed they are selling for a fair bit now.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Look- ... 19e4b749d9

They are asking 1,999 Sterling for a quad butted frame.

I have a Look mi-90 with a carbon fibre, aluminum composite frame,
Deore xt shifters and derailleurs,
Ritchey logic crank and brakes.
I don't have the original Ritchey logic forks(bent those in half)
Manitou Answer cartridge shocks.
IMG_0657.JPG

Any idea what it's worth?

Thanks,
Bern

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bern":3j19mj27 said:

IMG_0657.JPG

Thanks,
Bern

They can ask whatever price they like, but people have to be prepared to pay it and unfortunately the seller is a bit deluded and that particular bike has sat unsold for a number of months now. A more realistic value would be £200-£400 and that's mainly because of the Campag parts on it. Mi90 frames come up from time to time and although they are handmade etc they only make around £100 (around 1/4 of what a fat chance or such like make). Those carbon bonded frames I think are made by Alan and there were a number of companies that badged them up and sold them (Alan, Vitus and British Eagle to name a few) and they make better money but still not in the Klein/Fat ballpark. My advice would be to ride and enjoy what is reputedly a nice riding frame.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
drcarlos":28v67oaa said:
Bern":28v67oaa said:

IMG_0657.JPG

Thanks,
Bern

They can ask whatever price they like, but people have to be prepared to pay it and unfortunately the seller is a bit deluded and that particular bike has sat unsold for a number of months now. A more realistic value would be £200-£400 and that's mainly because of the Campag parts on it. Mi90 frames come up from time to time and although they are handmade etc they only make around £100 (around 1/4 of what a fat chance or such like make). Those carbon bonded frames I think are made by Alan and there were a number of companies that badged them up and sold them (Alan, Vitus and British Eagle to name a few) and they make better money but still not in the Klein/Fat ballpark. My advice would be to ride and enjoy what is reputedly a nice riding frame.

Carl.

I thought that would be ambitious. Thanks for the input, I plan on riding it, I was surprised(shocked) when I saw what the dealer was asking. Mad me curious to see what I had on my hands.

Back