Info on Look MTB's ?

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Anyone know anything bout the original Look Cromo Mtb's? They were hand made in Canada, but who by? I have the chance to own one, I believe they were pretty rare. Frame looks very Rocky Mountain, dropped top tube, very light, triple butted, Inch and Eighth head tube, nice finish? Any views peeps?

Look Mtb

They must be pretty rare then if no one knows anything about them? The frame has a signature of the builder on it "S G" I think it says? It's in Metallic pale grey/Silver with typical Look Graphics on it, complete with BioPace Exage500 chainset and Exage 500 rear mech, oversized rigid forks, Exage Canti Brakes and as new Smoke and Dart white Skinwalled/Black tread rubber. looks as though its been looked after. The model is the MI 60 signature.

they were made by peter grisley
cycles europe owned peugeot and look-remember the days of baker and gould and wanted some of the new mtb market but didnt realy understand it being road based firms
thet bought grisley who then made all the top end peugeot stuff as well as the look frames,if i remember all the look ones were handbuilt
they were great bikes but never took off because at the time people thought am mtb had to be american and they were stupidly expensive
i had the mi90 with a quad butted tubset and full campag record off road groupset
still see it around from time to time still going strong-though slightly battered by now
any pics of the one you might get?
if you dont want it i may be interested
cheers
tony

tshzg":3ilw7wyv said:
they were made by peter grisley
cycles europe owned peugeot and look-remember the days of baker and gould and wanted some of the new mtb market but didnt realy understand it being road based firms
thet bought grisley who then made all the top end peugeot stuff as well as the look frames,if i remember all the look ones were handbuilt
they were great bikes but never took off because at the time people thought am mtb had to be american and they were stupidly expensive
i had the mi90 with a quad butted tubset and full campag record off road groupset
still see it around from time to time still going strong-though slightly battered by now
any pics of the one you might get?
if you dont want it i may be interested
cheers

yep .

a nice example in a recent bike of the month .
tony

Look

Yes will have some photo's later as picking up tonight. I took it in PX for a Cannondale Rush 5 team Replica that I couldn't get on with (still don't like full suss other than 4 bar Horst.) So will post some photo's later. The welds look incredibly neat and precise and even with the chunky Smoke and Dart tyres and heavy Exage chainset it feels very light. I shall be rebuilding with topish spec kit, any suggestions?

Look

Bit of a find, only had a scoot around the yard and up and down the steps, ride is fantastic, think it deserves some better components though, Suss Forks n maybe a re-spray too? What's the verdict?
Look007.jpg

Look009.jpg

Look004.jpg

Look008.jpg

Back