Independent Fabrications Cross Bike NOW SOLD (sob)

If...

wynne":2j8skdjf said:
Ah , the need to justify - I fully understand. That's what got me into this pickle.

Clearances are pretty good. With it being a steel frame the tubes are skinny so yes you'd get mudguards in there - but how could you? Surely better to be soaked to the skin...

I ride an old 17" (centre-centre) mountain bike with a long top tube. It's a Fat Chance which I think was sized as a medium.

Hope that helps

Rich

Uh-Oh! That helps me too much I ride a Fat Chance¨tas well, and the size u mention is a good fit for me. :D

I agree about the mud guards, I'm riding in Norway at the moment...I think being soaked to the skin would probably do you in once it get's wintery...I'm going to have a think about this and see if you can get studded tyres in 700c (another justification)

another Q. what are these frogleg brakes?...do they work?

I have a 1997 IF Planet X. It is such a great bike to ride.
At the price he is asking, if you have to think about it your crazy! :D
The frameset alone retails for $2000us.

Anyhow, hope that helps the sale Rich.

It's four years old.

Froglegs are a modern take on the oldest of old school mafac cantis. They are simple, light and when set up well are very good brakes.

Thanks Gearless for your words.

R

Hi ,
I am looking for a foray into cross riding and quite frankly the bike looks wonderfull !

It's very sad however that I am on the wrong side of 6'2" . Never have I wanted so badly to be shorter... if only I had more of my legs turned down for feet . My size twelves would end up looking like clown shoes !

The third pic really shows the bike looking her best.

Sadly too small but a phenomenal buy for the lucky blighter who bags her.

Good Luck with the sale Rich ,it no doubt will be a wrench.

retrogeek7

Back