Independent Fabrications Cross Bike NOW SOLD (sob)

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Instead of just reluctantly responding when people say they want a cross bike, I've decided to come out openly and sell the thing.

It's a steel IF Planet Cross frame and fork, size 52, though it's slightly compact giving a virtual top tube length of around 55cm. Would fit someone 5'7 to 5'11 depending on how you like your bike set up.

It's just a beautiful thing and it makes me happy just looking at it.

It is built for a single front chainring, which I've found great for most cross races. It's got 10 speed campag chorus levers, mech and cranks, forgleg cantis, rebulit Mavic Helium wheels (new rims and ceramic bearings), syncros seatpost, ITM lite stem, 3T bars and Fizik saddle. It has a gerbhardt chain guide on the front to stop the chain bouncing off.

I really do need to sell this, so I've reduced the price to £500 for the frame and fork (plus King headset) or £750 for the bike (minus pedals).

No sensible offer will be dismissed though.

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

• IF.jpg
    IF.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,045
  • IF 002.jpg
    IF 002.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,007
  • IF 003.jpg
    IF 003.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,007
That is indeed a truly beautiful bike.
What's the steel?
And whereabouts in that big place known as London?

It's an off the peg frame and is made of a combination of True Temper and Columbus tubes.
I'm south east - Sydenham to be precise.
Thanks

Rich

Wow!! nice,

If only i wasn't so tall dark and handsome!

Have you got a 56?

Al. ;)

Thanks for the interest all.

The more compliments it gets the more I want to keep it - but I've made up my mind now.

Just to say I'm reluctant to post but will deliver it in the UK for the cost of petrol.

Thanks

Rich

wynne":2h8396bq said:
It's an off the peg frame and is made of a combination of True Temper and Columbus tubes.
I'm south east - Sydenham to be precise.
Thanks

Rich

Ooooh a local!!! Sydenham's piss-easy to get to from London Bridge, Croydon or Victoria (to Penge East). Just some random facts for any wannabe buyers out there.

IF...it has room for muduards?

I like it, sorry if this is a silly question to ask , what are the clearances like? - would it be possible to fit some kinda nice mudguards ( I realise it doesn't have braze ons for this) ... I am thinking along the lines of the Indy Fabs 'Super Commuter'.

To justify it I need to be able to commute with it too u see...

How does the sizing compare to a mtb?...(am used to thinking more in imperial sizes) I had a IF deluxe in med / large awhile ago , that was supreme.

Ah , the need to justify - I fully understand. That's what got me into this pickle.

Clearances are pretty good. With it being a steel frame the tubes are skinny so yes you'd get mudguards in there - but how could you? Surely better to be soaked to the skin...

I ride an old 17" (centre-centre) mountain bike with a long top tube. It's a Fat Chance which I think was sized as a medium.

Hope that helps

Rich

Back