Inappropriate brand/model names

While talking about Titan,
to me it was first of all a absolute stupid idea and completely misleading or confusing to call a brand Titan, even if the bikes had been produced with steel tubing.

There was a Swiss brand called Titan, selling mostly road racing bikes.
titan exclusive-classic-road-bicycle-1980s-2-36560266166539_1800x1800.jpg
Picture from https://steel-vintage.com/de/produc...ches-titan-rennrad-im-detail-der-1980er-jahre

and the US based too, more known here because of their iconic MTBs.
BTW: I do find the 1/2Trac real cool,
just the model name doesn't make any sense neither.
Titan Half Track Ad jpg.jpg

While talking about Titan,
to me it was first of all a absolute stupid idea and completely misleading or confusing to call a brand Titan, even if the bikes had been produced with steel tubing.
The word meant something before the pure metal was developed, before the element was named. It was named for the ancient Greek Titans, powerful giants
What-is-a-Titan.jpg

First off, let's address the name. The **** Off Johnny was inadvertently christened by our friend Paul Price (of Paul Component) when he misremembered the name of our BMX bike (Shred to Ed's). We immediately knew that we would use the name for a future project, but we were waiting for the right fit.
-- Squid Bikes

There might have been alcohol involved.

foj.jpg

As for the Toyota MR2 previously, on the motorcycle field, there's the Yamaha TDM. TDM being the acronym for Tas De Merde in French (Pile Of Shit).

Latest posts

Back