Inappropriate brand/model names

I had a saddle, the Serfas Stinger.

- Not a name you want to perch your nether regions on. Ironically, a really light and comfortable saddle (for me anyway) and shaped not unlike a Selle Italia SLR.

And for road tyres - the Maxxis Detonator.

- Think about that name when you're inflating them those last few psi.

Grumps

ha, when it comes to tires I can add also two examples.
Maybe not directly inappropriate, but both at least a bit more umcommon names:

Corratec Diamant Peter and Diamant Wolf had been nice semislick tires of the mid 90ties.
Peter was a front tire, Wolf the proper rear one.

This name was reminding me from the first time I have seen those at the "Peter and the Wolf" musical composition of Prokofiew, at least here in Germany almost everyone was introduced to this at junior school.
I thought even that those guys at Corratec are cool to use such a nice name combination to make fun about it.

End of day it was explained in a Bike mag that "Peter Wolf" is just the name of the engineer, how boring 😩
Corratec Diamant Peter and Wolf aus Bike 1998.jpg

I run another rather nice combo of tires on my Rock Lobster.
At the front a Maxxis Helter, at the rear an Skelter.
Maxxis 1996 Prospekt Helter Skelter.jpg

I do have them with red stripe at the sidewall.
20190621_185204.jpg
Those had been also available in red/grey colors
maxxis helter skelter P3208600.JPG

Maybe Helter Skelter is not a perfect association when you think of a comfortable tire with good traction.
And there are a lot of references to Beatles/U2 or Charles Manson.
I personally liked a punk rock festival with that name back in time.

ready for any weather!! although the rear reflector is a bit shy under that rear mudguard
But the mudguard will make motorbike noises on the tyre, and anyway professionals don't need reflectors - probably just put it on there in case the rider got stopped by the old bill on the way to the race.

ha, when it comes to tires I can add also two examples.
Maybe not directly inappropriate, but both at least a bit more umcommon names:

Corratec Diamant Peter and Diamant Wolf had been nice semislick tires of the mid 90ties.
Peter was a front tire, Wolf the proper rear one.

This name was reminding me from the first time I have seen those at the "Peter and the Wolf" musical composition of Prokofiew, at least here in Germany almost everyone was introduced to this at junior school.
I thought even that those guys at Corratec are cool to use such a nice name combination to make fun about it.

End of day it was explained in a Bike mag that "Peter Wolf" is just the name of the engineer, how boring 😩
View attachment 862623

I run another rather nice combo of tires on my Rock Lobster.
At the front a Maxxis Helter, at the rear an Skelter.
View attachment 862625

I do have them with red stripe at the sidewall.
View attachment 862626
Those had been also available in red/grey colors
View attachment 862624

Maybe Helter Skelter is not a perfect association when you think of a comfortable tire with good traction.
And there are a lot of references to Beatles/U2 or Charles Manson.
I personally liked a punk rock festival with that name back in time.
Kona sold “scratch and sniff” and “Lumpy Gravy”front and rear tyres… and Onza attempted something similar the not so hilariously named “Dan and Dave” front and rear pairings
IMG_2317.jpeg

Back