In five years time we could be walking round a zoo...........

20240819_073429.jpg Some road frames have wide chainstays at the bb, and no dink to allow the small ring closer in, meaning that fitting a triple with a reliable chainline is impossible😥

Just trying to make something work for an old guy in a hilly area. I'd like to be able to use it from my door without having to avoid the steep stuff which is often the quieter more scenic route. AB812F91-4D87-4A7C-A286-76CFCB03985F.jpeg

I'd suggest make the chainset a double, like 42/28 with a bash, and go wide on the back to keep the range - most mtb mechs can be persuaded to take a 36.
Proper job involves grx 11 44/30 and 11-42 cassettes, and many hundreds of pounds. Lovely shift mind.

This is the problem. I have wider cassette on black nondescript wheels but wanted it to look lighter. Campag cassettes are silly money and i'm not that bothered. Don't plan to use big ring so running it as a double anyway. Will see what happens.

Garden looks nice Actually despite the moisture of camp, shimano and suntour it rides really well And in my view I’ve pulled it off Ice grey cables don’t detract from that gorgeous frame, battle scarred and careworn

NB. Triple works across the cassette with all rings. Thank you deerhead.
40F1E53F-04F2-4585-8395-9A9158823295.jpeg

Latest posts

Back