Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Wait, that plastic bag pizza dangling from the saddle is supposed to be a light? I don't get how that choice got made, the rest of the bike is so cohesive, high quality parts everywhere else. Rear derailleur seems out of place as well, or at least the rusty limit screws.

Last edited:
Someone's put a lot of love and attention into that build . . .. All I can see is knees about the height of the rider's ears, though . . .
Yer, I was thinking similar. Why put the BB there instead of racked out front?
it does look awesome, but I'm assuming Matti that it's a normal cruiser frame that's been widened and added too?

Someone's put a lot of love and attention into that build . . .. All I can see is knees about the height of the rider's ears, though . . .

it does look awesome, but I'm assuming Matti that it's a normal cruiser frame that's been widened and added too?
Yeah it's a 20" kids bike from the 70s, Ross Barracuda. Rear end widened to fit the huge tire and wider hub, obviously the fork is completely custom. Crash does meticulous work, sells them to car guys. They match them to their muscle cars, or display it in the den. Here's a before picture 278791-IMG-1605.jpeg

And a link:

Yeah it's a 20" kids bike from the 70s, Ross Barracuda. Rear end widened to fit the huge tire and wider hub, obviously the fork is completely custom. Crash does meticulous work, sells them to car guys. They match them to their muscle cars, or display it in the den. Here's a before picture View attachment 891199

And a link:
figured it would be something like that. I've seen a few of his builds now (all from you) selling to a car guy make sense, it's never going to be ridden further than across carpark at a meet, the rest of the time it sits on a posh rack looking cool.

It's the aspect of Ratrod Bikes that I'm least into. I can't do the small bikes. They need to justify their place in the fleet, can't give up precious space to a decoration. However, the craftsmanship is sublime

It's the aspect of Ratrod Bikes that I'm least into. I can't do the small bikes. They need to justify their place in the fleet, can't give up precious space to a decoration. However, the craftsmanship is sublime
agreed, if it ain't riding it's not a bike, it's an ornament.

it's why I don't have the recumbent or the chopper built anymore, I don't have a million square feet of garage space to hang ornaments up.

Back