Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

I imagine this would last not very long but look absolutely fabulous as it fails

:eek: - that's what we need! Divide and conquer, progress in motion :LOL:

Bring back chain-stay mounted derailleurs again, but this time, only for half of the functionality and use the legacy hanger for the other half.

chainstay-mounted-derailleur-2.jpg

This appears every now and then at the basement bike park at my work. Wouldn't be first on my list for commuting on and certainly not the most agile thing for zooming around in and out of traffic, but each to their own. It's plenty crusty enough in places for this thread!

IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2773.JPG

Is that JB Weld and plaster holding it together?
No idea! I should have a closer look, but the trained mechanic in me doesn't want me to see things I shouldn't be seeing!!! 🙈

They're leading link forks so the front legs move independently to the rear so at best the JB weld/filler/fake blood! could be acting as a cunning bush/sleeve to stop the two sets of legs klunking together. At worse you could be right... 🤣🤪

No idea! I should have a closer look, but the trained mechanic in me doesn't want me to see things I shouldn't be seeing!!! 🙈

They're leading link forks so the front legs move independently to the rear so at best the JB weld/filler/fake blood! could be acting as a cunning bush/sleeve to stop the two sets of legs klunking together. At worse you could be right... 🤣🤪
I think a deep dive into the mind of this obviously very distinguished gentleman is required. I would LOVE to see the rider of it. I've got all sorts of images in my head.

If it is indeed held together by JB Weld, plaster and the blood of his hit and run victims, then I'm sure he knows what he's doing. He probably carries a roll of duct tape should something develop a bit of play. Engineer at work.

I think a deep dive into the mind of this obviously very distinguished gentleman is required. I would LOVE to see the rider of it. I've got all sorts of images in my head.

If it is indeed held together by JB Weld, plaster and the blood of his hit and run victims, then I'm sure he knows what he's doing. He probably carries a roll of duct tape should something develop a bit of play. Engineer at work.
I would love to know who rides this beast too. It's always been a mystery and maybe it's best that it stays that way... ;)

Back