Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

When I was a lad we had an old steel trike with a big front wheel, geometry looks quite familiar. We used it on downhill pavement runs, sometimes in snow, drifting all the way. With a few well chosen mods, I think I could ride it. Shifting weight rearward would be essential, as would freehub of some sort, and Dia compe BMX brake.

When I was a lad we had an old steel trike with a big front wheel, geometry looks quite familiar. We used it on downhill pavement runs, sometimes in snow, drifting all the way. With a few well chosen mods, I think I could ride it. Shifting weight rearward would be essential, as would freehub of some sort, and Dia compe BMX brake.
Big wheel :)

an ordinary bike has been on my stupid ideas to build list for a very long time.
the only thing stopping me is making a big enough rim. I simply don't have the tools to do it. but who knows, I might figure out a way one day.

Back