Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Cool bike, but it always amazes me why so many builds never fit a dyno powered rear light as well??? Instead it's got some stupid flappy hipster thing under the saddle and without too much effort you could have run a cable into the downtube, round the inside of the BB shell, up the seat tube and come out of the seatpost. Simple?

Also that rear rack doesn't look like it can handle much at all.
For me personally, I run dyno front on the CC but haven't bothered routing for a rear as my CatEye rear runs for over a week on a charge and is far superior to any I've tried with dyno power. Now I agree that a flappy hipster thing isn't a very good alternative
Beautiful frame and some droolworthy bits, and yet the whole seems so much less than the sum of its parts.
I doubt much thought went into it - the most effort was probably put into entering the card details and signing off on the spare kidney to Paul

@KayOs

Never gave much thought to bells, I don't use one as I feel rude. I just ride really slowly and tell them I'm moving past, usually apologising profusely while somehow still scaring them. I don't think they've fitted a bell with intention to actually ding it in traffic, though. I'm not sure it will see traffic ;P

Knock knock
Who's there?
Isabel
Isabel who?
Isabel necessary on a bicycle?

Yes
my first car was call Isabel.
mainly because it was shortened to Izzy

as in Izzy going to make it?
Izzy stuck on the m62 again?
Izzy out of petrol again?
Izzy going to blow up this time?

oh and the rack, I actually think the rack looks very good - I'd be keen to know how well it holds up to a 24 pack in each pannier sack.

oh and the rack, I actually think the rack looks very good - I'd be keen to know how well it holds up to a 24 pack in each pannier sack.
That rack would fail. Looks like it's held on by plastic straps/bracket that are already being deformed against the drop-out/seat stays junction. For a proper test you need one load on one side and see what happens.

I'm struggling with the tan/brown vs. purple/3DV combo too. That is NOT a structurally sound either! ;)

Cool bike, but it always amazes me why so many builds never fit a dyno powered rear light as well??? Instead it's got some stupid flappy hipster thing under the saddle and without too much effort you could have run a cable into the downtube, round the inside of the BB shell, up the seat tube and come out of the seatpost. Simple?

Also that rear rack doesn't look like it can handle much at all.
A single front light without a rear does mean more wattage for the front. I use decent battery rear lights. Not that it is a big difference but it is a little less complicated too. Just to say there is an argument for it. What that pizza thing is doing there I have no idea, though.

Latest posts

Back